A Brush with Kindness
A Brush with Kindness is a program that helps preserve homeownership by partnering with homeowners struggling to restore and maintain a safe and decent place to live. When basic expenses exceed income month after month, home maintenance is the usual casualty. Years of deferred maintenance can cause a downward spiral of home deterioration and unsafe living conditions.
- Are you living in challenging circumstances, which have created issues that are beyond what you can handle on your own?
- Are you struggling to keep your home in livable condition?
- Have you had to choose between paying for food, medication, taxes, and basic utilities?
- Are you facing city code violations or homeowner insurance cancellation due to the condition of your home?
Once a homeowner's eligibility is determined and their application is accepted, Twin Cities Habitat's A Brush with Kindness program provides caring volunteer groups who come alongside and assist homeowners in completing minor repairs, painting, and other home maintenance.
Apply for A Brush With Kindness
- Must complete Homeowner Application
- Family income must be under 50% of the Twin Cities' Area Median Income (AMI)
- Homes must be owner-occupied
- Scope of work must match program resources
- All able-bodied homeowners and residents of the home are required to work alongside volunteers
- Homeowners are expected to be cooperative partners with staff and volunteers
- Homeowners are asked for financial pledge to the A Brush with Kindness program on larger projects—payable when they sell or refinance their home
For more information
Contact Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity or call 612-788-8169.