PPL Emergency/Accessibility Loan Program
Geographic Service Area:
Minneapolis & St. Paul
Loans of up to $15,000 are awarded for needed home repairs without interest charges, and are forgivable under certain conditions.
What is the PPL Emergency/Accessibility Loan Program?
PPL’s Emergency/Accessibility Loan Program is a state-funded way for low-income homeowners to stay in
their homes and live safely in them. Loans of up to $15,000 are awarded for needed home repairs without
interest charges, and are forgivable under certain conditions.
How can I use the loan?
- Loan can be used for either:
- Accessibility improvements (e.g. ramps, ADA-approved bathrooms, grab bars)
- Emergency repairs (e.g. unusable plumbing, roof leaks, fire hazards)
- Repairs must be completed within 120 days after the commitment of the loan.
Do I qualify?
- Own a home in Minneapolis or St. Paul.
- Make 30% or less of the household area median income, $24,700 for a family of four.
- Have less than $25,000 in additional assets [besides the home and primary vehicle(s)].
- Are applying for/or received a grant from Community Action Partnership’s Weatherization Program.
What will it cost?
- Loans are made at a 0% rate, meaning there are no additional charges or monthly payments.
- Loans are forgiven after 15 years if you remain in the home.
- The loan will be repaid from the sale of the home if sold before the 15 year term.
How do I apply?
Call 612.455.5221 to receive an initial application.
Staying in the Neighborhood
Living in an apartment on 24th Street in Minneapolis, Ahmed Yusuf became aware of some townhomes being built across the street. “I liked their physical appearance very much,” he said, “and I had the sense there were some sort of good people involved in building them.”[read more]