St. Paul Home Improvement Lending Programs
Geographic Service Area:
Max loan amount ranges from $25,000 to $35,000
Income limits apply
The City of St. Paul administers a variety of home improvement and energy efficiency loan programs on a citywide basis.
4% Home Improvement Loans
- Maximum loan amount is $35,000
- Available to households making up to 80% of Area Median Income (AMI)
- Eligible improvements include: room additions, building a new garage, furnace/air conditioning installation, roof replacement, siding, energy conservation, accessibility improvements, and many other repairs and remodeling projects.
- Loan term of up to 20 years
Home Improvement Deferred Payment Loans
- Maximum loan amount is $25,000
- Available to households making up to 50% of Area Median Income (AMI)
- Eligible improvements include basic and necessary improvements such as accessibility improvements, correction of lead-based paint hazards, heating systems, windows, electrical and roofing.
- Deferred payment 0% interest due-on-sale or forgiven after 30 years of continued ownership and occupancy
- Energy efficiency deferred payment loans of up to $15,000 may also be available
For more information
Please call 651-266-6655.
A Brush With Kindness
Susan and Kevin Gundrum have never seen themselves as different. After getting married in 1998, they bought their house in West Saint Paul and like most couples they balanced work, bills and home maintenance.[read more]